This is “Kias chokladkaka”. In all its simplicity, it’s the decadent cake that my wife Kia seduced me with on our first date. After 25+ years, it’s still my favourite.
By adapting an old recipe that was passed down by her grandmother, Kia has created a rich, seductive chocolate cake that voluptuously melts in your mouth.
If done correctly, this cake can look like a small failure. But the beauty is not in the physical appearance, it’s rather in the very passionate personality:
This cake is a work of art. An expression of love. A piece of her heart. Beautiful poetry. A taste of freedom. Touching your soul, gently dancing, under the moonlight. Feel the darkness. Darker than baboon blood. Darker than your soul. Touch it. And die a little.
Here is the recipe:
World’s Best Chocolate Cake à la Kia
3 dl Plain White Flour (use glutenfree mix 1:1 if you are gluten-intolerant)
3 dl Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
125 g Margarine / Butter
100 g Fine Dark Chocolate 70% (it is imperative to use truly delicious chocolate, I recommend Lindt 70%)
Margarine for greasing the cake tin (I use a non-stick bundt-style tin)
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
2. Melt the margarine/butter and let it cool down a little.
3. Grease the cake tin with some of the melted margarine.
4. Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave.
5. Whisk eggs and sugar. This cake benefits from whisking well. Overbeating will not ruin the cake, on the contrary – it will make it better.
6. Mix the flour and baking powder together, then add the flour & baking powder mix to the egg & sugar mix. No need to whisk, just stir it together by hand until evenly mixed.
7. Pour the melted margarine into the mix, stir by hand until even.
8. Pour the melted chocolate into the mix. Again, only stir by hand.
9. Using a rubber spatula, gently scrape batter into the prepared tin and bake until cake is dry on top and gooey in center (22-24 minutes). If you want it dry, bake for longer.
10. Let the cake cool down for 10 minutes before turning upside down on a plate. Don’t try it yet, instead put it at least 24 hours in the refrigerator. If you want to freeze it, do it the next day. This cake will improve in both texture and taste after it has been left for a couple of days in the refrigerator.
Keeps well for four to five days in refrigerator.
(*the prop gun is a realistic airsoft replica)